Role Description: Be. Coach
Reports To: Be. Lab Operations Manager
Days& Hours: Part-time, Contractual, Flexible (no fixed hours).
Be. Lab’s vision is for New Zealand to become the most accessible nation in the world. We deliver innovative and creative social change programmes to support businesses and communities to become fully accessible, enabling all citizens to participate and thrive.
Our Be. Coach Network delivers accessibility expertise to our team, our clients and access citizens across New Zealand, by reviewing current state accessibility of businesses and their services and providing recommendations for improvement.
- On-site assessments using the Be. Lab accessibility assessment tool
- Writing and editing reports and presentation of findings
- Co-ordinate and manage appointments, assessments, report submission and scheduled follow ups
- Fortnightly meetings
- Annual refresher training
- Represent the Be. Lab philosophy and actively promote the One-Stop-Shop offering
- Knowledge of the NZ Building Code is a preference
- Robust knowledge, experience and skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and other Microsoft Office applications is required
- Previous demonstrated experience in one of the following: the building industry; architecture, drafting or engineering; occupational therapy in the disability or aged sector; auditing experience
- A clear and effective communicator – both written and oral
- A great relationship builder
- Flexible and adaptable
- A whizz at time and project management
- Happy to work independently
- Open and honest
- A person of integrity
- Passionate about enabling better outcomes for New Zealanders
- Highly organised with the ability to hold and manage several things at the same time
- A self-starter with plenty of initiative
- Attentive to detail
- Able and willing to work cooperatively within the Be. Lab Team ensuring that all work is aligned with the organisational objectives
- A great team player
- Able to meet deadlines
- Willing to live the Be. Lab values
We inspire, encourage and enable people to be the change in the world.
Be. True Magic
We believe in the transformative power of magic and have the determination to make it real.
We show compassion, consideration and care for all people, in everything we say and do.
We are brave enough to lead the way, fearlessly overcoming all obstacles on the journey.
We know what it means to be human and are genuinely concerned for the wellbeing of others and the greater good of humanity.
In all that we do we are true to ourselves and others, promoting visibility and openness.