Role Description: Be. Coach
Role Description: Design Plan Consultant
Reports To: Be. Lab Operations Manager
Days& Hours: Contractual, Flexible
Purpose of Role:
The Design Plan Consultant is a critical player in delivering accessibility expertise to our team, our clients and access citizens across New Zealand, by providing advice on optimum accessible design to futureproof buildings and services.
About Be. Lab
Be. Lab’s vision is for New Zealand to become the most accessible nation in the world. We deliver innovative and creative social change programmes to support businesses and communities to become fully accessible, enabling all citizens to participate and thrive.
- Review design plans from concept through to detailed design using the Be. Lab accessibility assessment tool
- Writing and editing reports and presentation of findings
- Co-ordinate and manage appointments, reviews, report submission and scheduled follow ups
- Fortnightly meetings
- Annual refresher training
- Represent the Be. Lab philosophy and actively promote the One-Stop-Shop offerings
- Experience in interpreting design plans from concept through to detailed design is a requirement
- Knowledge of the NZ Building Code is a requirement
- Knowledge of CAD is a preference
- Robust knowledge, experience and skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and other Microsoft Office applications is required
- Previous demonstrated experience in one of the following: the building industry; architecture or drafting; engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised with the ability to hold and manage several things at the same time
- A self-starter with plenty of initiative
- Attention to detail is critical
- Ability and desire to work cooperatively within the Be. Lab Team ensuring that all work is aligned with the organisational objectives - be a great team player
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Great relationship builder
- Flexible and adaptable
- A clear and effective communicator – both written and oral
- A whizz at time and project management
- Happy to work independently
- Open and honest
- A person of integrity
- A passion for enabling better outcomes for New Zealanders
- Willing to live the Be. Lab values
We inspire, encourage and enable people to be the change in the world.
Be. True Magic
We believe in the transformative power of magic and have the determination to make it real.
We show compassion, consideration and care for all people, in everything we say and do.
We are brave enough to lead the way, fearlessly overcoming all obstacles on the journey.
We know what it means to be human and are genuinely concerned for the wellbeing of others and the greater good of humanity.
In all that we do we are true to ourselves and others, promoting visibility and openness.